Shining on Amazon in Europe
The Consol Solar Jar is now offered for purchase on amazon in Germany amazon.de, United Kingdom amazon.co.uk and France amazon.fr. Harald Schulz evaluates its impact:
The Consol Solar Jar is known as the Sonnenglas in Germany and is shining on European markets. The important thing to note on the amazon.de page is the customer reviews. It has the most customer reviews - or should we say customer applause - than any competitor product. Currently, out of 74 reviews, 72 give it five stars.
The recurring themes in the customer reviews are (translated from German):
- Easy to use/operate
- Light not too bright, not too dim, romantic/beautiful
- Practical, versatile, good runtime, good quality, waterproof
- Easy to decorate (seasons, weddings, birthdays etc), decorative object
- Great gift
- Never fails to delight, best idea in a long time
- Used indoors/outdoors
- More expensive than others though money well spent
- “Made in South Africa!”
The only two non-five star reviews were:
- A German tourist who experienced the jar in Namibia (at Namib Desert Lodge) but battled to find it in Germany and eventually bought one on amazon via Sonnenglas. He gave it four stars and was awaiting delivery.
- One consumer complained that no automatic on/off or day/night switch was integrated.
“We could not wish for better! On behalf of the Suntoy team, thanks to all involved. You make us proud!” – Harald Schulz, Suntoy Technical and Managing Director, Johannesburg