1. What is the Consol Solar Jar?
• A solar light in the lid of a one-litre classic glass preserve jar.
2. How can we use the Consol Solar Jar?
• Primarily as an eco-friendly solar powered reading light.
• A portable lantern.
• Communities living without electricity or off the grid.
• Creative table décor: check out our gallery for inspiration.
• Branded corporate gifts.
• Check out our SunBlog and read stories of how people are using Consol Solar Jars, globally.
3. How do we charge the Consol Solar Jar?
• The optimum charging position is outdoors in full/direct/best sunlight.
• The optimum charging position indoors is on a north‐facing windowsill in best sunlight. • The lid of the jar, that contains the solar panel, should be tilted directly to the noonday sun. (True North in the Southern Hemisphere and True South in the Northern Hemisphere).
• You may remove the lid from the glass preserve jar when charging.
4. What is the charging time and how long do they burn for?
• A full day of sunshine with clear sky (South Africa) will offer between 6-10 hours of light at night.
• Overcast/grey/rainy day (South Africa) will offer 2-3 hours of light at night.
5. Is there a guarantee?
• Consol guarantees the product for one year. Our first-generation jars, now two years old, which have been used on a daily basis are still giving 6 ‐ 10 hours of light per night.
• The batteries should give ±400 full charges before they begin to deteriorate.
6. Is the Consol Solar Jar waterproof?
• The Consol Solar Jar is 100% watertight and, although the tin lid may rust slightly, the performance of the solar light will not be affected.
7. Can we place our logo on the Consol Solar Jar for corporate gifts?
• We can sandblast your logo onto the glass preserve jar. Depending on the logo and detail required, our art department will advise on which is the best method.
• We require a high‐resolution JPEG or vector file of the logo.
• We prepare a digital sample and email it to you for approval before sandblasting/engraving.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for ARTWORK COSTS OF BRANDED JARS available from Suntoy.
8. Do the Consol Solar Jars come in differing colours?
• Standard Consol Solar Jars have clear glass with LEDs in warm white.
• Specials may be ordered in frosted (sandblasted) glass.
• The LEDs can be ordered in red, blue, green or amber.
• Special colours to match your logo may be ordered on request (quantities must be greater than 2 000).
• Coloured jars are not a stock item and are made on request per order.
• As long as there are 12 jars per carton, you can order any combination of mixed colours.